Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Ed Koch Show

Top News Rom - Top News Comments Photos Videos
Read more :
The Ed Koch Show

I WAS a late arrival to the Ed Koch fan club. I grew up in a liberal, Jewish, Bella Abzug-loving household, and my parents spoke of him with a level of contempt they usually reserved for Republicans. Centrist Democrats are a dime a dozen these days

Mayor Koch spent his last few days at New York-Presbyterian hospital slipping in and out of sleep, his sister at his bedside, holding his hand. His friend of 46 years, Peter Aschkenasy, with whom he ate lunch every Saturday, was also there, his last

About five years ago, I was eating in a diner on Ninth Ave. near the Port Authority in Manhattan and Ed Koch had just finished eating at another table with some friends. As he was leaving he nodded to me and I said, “How'm I doing, Ed?” Koch laughed

Croton-on-Hudson, N.Y.: Passing through Rockefeller Center early one morning, I looked up, and here came Ed Koch. It was winter, but he was wearing gym shorts and a sweatshirt with his jacket open. He was also pulling a piece of luggage on wheels.

Former New York City mayor Ed Koch will live forever through several animated appearances.

Related External Links

No comments:

Post a Comment