Friday, March 22, 2013

Risë Stevens, Stalwart Opera Star at the Met, Dies at 99

The new retail concept is the brainchild of owner, Richard Stevens, who said: "The shop is unlike any jewellers ever experienced. Budget 2013 key points: beer duty rise scrapped and help for. 5. Woman dies in tragedy at the King Harry Ferry

Risë Stevens, the internationally renowned mezzo-soprano who had a 23-year career with the Metropolitan Opera, where she practically owned the role of Carmen during the 1940s and '50s, died on Wednesday at her home in Manhattan. She was 99.

I know there can't be any of you who haven't yet heard that Risë Stevens died today at the age of 99. Here is the NY Times article. There are many just like it all over the 'net. She is just the sort of singer this blog was begun to

Risë Stevens. So Pretty sure I accidentally killed poor Risë. You see, I have this recurring dream where well, I'm not going to go into it, but I predict death. And Risë was in one of those dreams, last night. I know, I know,

NEW YORK, N. Y. – Mezzo-soprano opera star Rise Stevens, who sang with the Metropolitan Opera for more than 20 years spanning the 1940s and 1950s, has died. She was 99. Stevens died Wednesday night at her

Related External Links


Risë Stevens, Stalwart Opera Star at the Met, Dies at 99

No comments:

Post a Comment